Kodachrome Summer


As soon as school is out for summer I'll be catching up on books and magazines piled sky high by my bathtub, blaring the Pandora 70's station while I cook things bought at the farmer's market, maybe even dust off my tennis racket. I'm looking forward to a Kodachrome kind of summer

Kodachrome 
You give us those nice bright colors 
You give us the greens of summers 
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah! 
I got a Nikon camera 
I love to take a photograph 
So Mama, don't take my Kodachrome away... 


What to drink this summer:
How beautiful does this drink look...like summer in a glass. I'm sure the more you sip, the better it tastes. Check out this Fruity Summer Striped Ice Cubes post from Oh Joy! A Kodachrome day calls for fruity ice cubes.

For dining alfresco in the summer:
These kissing rabbit plates are so sweet and perfect for young children and eating outside. Can't you just see a cheeseburgers and hotdogs on this plate? My children would love them and because they are melamine plates, I wouldn't worry to ask my four-year-old boy to help do the dishes. 
What to wear this summer: 
These sunglasses from Westward Leaning remind me of the ones I had in the fifth grade in 1987...hot pink and so rad. They're called Color Revolution and come in all the best 80's neon colors.
 
This new eyeshadow by Stila is summer in a tin. Stila Countless Color Pigment also come in many more vibrant colors. You can wear one shade alone or swirl them all together for a pretty mix. 

Flip flops are a staple of summer. These Tory Burch flame red flip flops are glossy, bright and right from May to September.

Wishing you many Kodachrome summer days ahead. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment