Five Fun Fab ways to free yourself for fall part deux

Wear: Imagine a pile of rose petals falling like leaves...that's what Tom Ford's Cafe Rose smells like, mixed with spices, Turkish rose oil and coffee. When the leaves are whirling, scents are more intense and so are the colors. Chanel's Vertigo nail color is fall in a bottle and Bobbi Brown's sparkle eye shadow makes autumn eyes shine like glitter. 

Inspire: When I was in the first grade, I played the Little Red Hen in the class play. I always loved the hen's spirit! "Who will help me cut the wheat?" Be like the Little Red Hen and bake your own bread. These French inspired hens will help give you the right attitude. You know these Three French Hens (in a print by Will Bullas) don't mess around with any lazy dogs, sleepy cats or noisy yellow ducks and of course they all wear berets. The red beret on the JCrew sweater is my favorite. 

Dress Up: Halloween is a holiday you either love or hate. I love it! I especially love dressing up my children. We talk about costumes year round. For three years in a row, my children complimented each other...Elmo and Abby Cadabby, Raggedy Ann and Andy and Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. This year, because my daughter is missing SEVEN teeth, she's going to be the tooth fairy! Halloween is so much fun! My favorite place to find Halloween costumes is Chasing Fireflies.

Watch: For all those hopeless romantics, Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights is coming to theatres this fall! I bet I've seen the 1939 Wuthering Heights starring Merle Oberon and Laurence Olivier a hundered times. I think it is the most romantic story and I can't wait to fall in love with characters Cathy and Heathcliff all over again in the new Wuthering Heights this fall.  Another intense love story coming this fall is Anna Karenina. Fall is the season for romance.

Eat, Drink and be Merry: It's pumpkin time! Who knows how to bring in fall better than Bobby Flay? His throwdown pumpkin pie with cinnamon crunch and bourbon maple whipped cream will make you passionate for pumpkins! Pumpkin muffins are one of my favorite thing to make in the fall. The Pioneer Woman's recipe is by far the most moist and delicious ever! Nobody does cocktails better than Sandra Lee. Now is the time to stock up on pumpkin puree for not only pie and muffins...but pumpkin pie martinis too!  

If you missed "Five Fun Fab Ways to Free Yourself for Fall" part one look here.

Oh how we love pumpkin season.  You did know this gourd-ish squash has its own season, right?  Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin.... We anxiously anticipate it every year. ~Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer

No comments:

Post a Comment