I'm going to France today...sort of!

À quelque chose malheur est bon. Every cloud has a silver lining...if you can't go to France, bring France to your home.
Wear: Something French and fabulous! If I had on one of these French inspired outfits, my day would surely be wonderful! Kate Spade has a French flair with a great sense of humor...especially this season. I love the Pardon My French and Joie de Vivre shirts. Anything striped seems French to me...bien sur! Stripes never go out of style. I love the color contrast on the Madewell shirt and the simplicity of the striped dress.

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. ~Coco Chanel

Use: Paper that makes you smile. Wouldn't you love to receive one of these merci or global greeting cards in your mailbox. The cities calendar will be a treat to use for the coming new year.
Tout arrive en France. (Everything happens in France) ~François de La Rochefoucauld
Read: When I need an escape, I tell my friends and family, "I'm going to France!" I do go to France...through books! These books make me happy: At My French Table, French Essence and Lunch in Paris.

Toute chose appartient à qui sait en jouir. (Everything belongs to those who can appreciate it) ~André Gide
Listen: To French Cafe Radio on Pandora and hear music from Pink Martini, Nina Simone, Madeleine Peyroux...jazzy artists that will have you imagining you're in France as you clean your house.
Art is the most beautiful deception of all. And although people try to incorporate the everyday events of life in it, we must hope that it will remain a deception lest it become a utilitarian thing, sad as a factory. ~Claude Debussy
Buy: It's the little things in life that make us smile! I love a rainy day when I can carry my red Merde il Pleut umbrella. The merde pillow is a happy little accent to any chair. Who wouldn't love to open this box of colorful macaroons?



Shit always sounds better in French!
Pardon my French :)

No comments:

Post a Comment