Celebrate Friendship with SATC2



Sex and the City is a celebration of friendship, love and soul mates. Women have a craving for love that our friends can sometimes fill in different ways than the men in our lives. These four characters make up a complete woman that most females can relate to. They are hard working, very smart, and feminine too!

Friendship is good for the heart! The bond between close girlfriends can help our health with a multitude of things: stress, depression, weight loss, heart disease and help us live longer, fuller and happier lives. Our friends make our lives better! In SATC2 Samantha reminds the girls, "We made a deal ages ago, men, babies doesn't matter, we're soul mates." It's a rare and special thing to find a soul mate in a friend and when we do we must cherish that friendship! I see these four characters like a little sorority, or as my friend Margot would say, "It's a family we choose." I don't know about you but I need my friends to stay sane! I'm envious of the amount of time these characters have together. Face-to face time can't compare to Facebook and texting.

Watching SATC all these years I feel less guilt and more freedom to complain to my friends. We don't have to hold everything in and deal with it ourselves. When we get to talk to our girlfriends about our lives like Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda do over brunch then we are able to pick ourselves up and carry on with life. Women can turn to each other to reestablish a sense of balance when we feel like we might fall off the wall! It's our friends who remind us of who we really are!

I recently took a SATC quiz to find out which character I am the most like; it turns out I am Charlotte. I think most moms are Charlotte (she's the most relatable one)! Well I may be Charlotte, but I have Carrie's shoes! The thing I dislike most about Charlotte is her struggle to be perfect! It's hardest for her to let go and just be. When I feel like this, a cosmo calls my name!

I loved the talk between Miranda and Charlotte expressing what they truly feel about motherhood. Sometimes it's hard to admit that you need a break. But it's honest and that's what friends are for. My friend Jen and I had such a great talk after seeing this movie together. We've been friends since the fifth grade and are both working moms with young children. Seeing this movie together and then having some time to bond really was like a little vacation; an enormous, extravagant, fantasy of a vacation. For a few hours Jen and I got to escape to NYC and Abu Dhabi. It was fabulous!


My husband was a little jealous! He loves Sex and the City and wanted to join us! He helped pick out my outfit! I thought of the line Carrie said when I was with Jen, "There's always one thing you should take out with you on a Saturday night, your friends!"

I had just graduated from college when the show came out. I watched the show single, then married, then married with children. I feel like Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda are my friends. We've grown together.

I read that Sarah Jessica Parker said, "I really love how these women love each other and how decent and honorable they are toward one another. They were never made to be friends -- their DNA is so radically different and they have found this incomparable friendship that is truly inspiring to me. It changes the way I think about my friendships constantly." One of the best things friends can do is have FUN!! These women must have masters degrees in having fun. They spend a lot of their time together laughing hard -- that's easy for friends to do.

Watching SATC2 I laughed after a conversation between Carrie and Big about eating something they had at home instead of going out Carrie says, "You knew when I married you I was more Coco Chanel than coq au vin." If you watched the show, you might remember how Carrie used her oven for storing sweaters! My Mom has a friend that likes to say the only reason she has an oven is because it "came with the kitchen."

Big is that "it" guy, the one most women fantasize about. I love the way he says, "Hey Babe!" I was a total sucker for Aleksandr Petrovsky (played by Mikhail Baryshnikov)! I love his Russian accent and the fact that he was an artist didn't hurt. In SATC2 Samantha's love interest was hmmm...really handsome! Max Ryan is an actor I'd like to see again.

Patricia Field is a genius! She also ruined me for life! When visiting NYC one of my favorite things to do is shop (have I mentioned I'm a teacher)!?! One of the most beautiful places on Earth is the Manolo Blahnik store! Candy for your feet! Once you have that really good shoe experience, you're going to do it again and again! Fashion models life's view of art! You can tell a great story and be someone that people yearn to know more about with the clothes you choose. I always loved the fact that Carrie dressed for herself, and I like to think I do that! Patricia Field has made fashion fun, creative, and mistake free.

I loved hearing Cyndi Lauper's, True Colors song in the show. If this world makes you crazy and you've taken all you can bear you call me up because you know I'll be there. Friendship is a beautiful thing! No matter the age, religion, sexual preference; your friends love you for who you are on the inside. The core of SATC is friendship.

Care to test your knowledge with a little SATC trivia?

1. Of the four female stars in the series, which actress was the only one to have a 'no full nudity' clause in her contract?
2. What shoes did Carrie find in the fabled Vogue Closet?
3. What is the name of Charlotte's puppy?
4. What gets stolen from Carrie at a friend's baby shower?
5. What can Miranda finally fit into?
6. How does Burger break up with Carrie?
7. In the final episode, Mr. Big's first name is revealed. What is it?
8. Who said, "Soul mates only exist in the Hallmark aisle of Duane Reade Drugs?"
9. "If I spent forty-thousand dollars on shoes and I have no place to live, I will literally be the old women who lived in her shoes."
10. What newspaper does Carrie writes a column for?
11. Where does Mr. Big move?
12. What magazine do Trey and Charlotte pose for in their apartment?
13. Who hits on Mr. Big first?
14. Where does Charlotte hide her "rabbit?"
15. Who does Steve name his bar after?

No comments:

Post a Comment